Need to talk? We're here to help!
UMass Dartmouth After-Hours Crisis Line
(508) 910 - HELP 
Active weekdays between 6pm - 8am and on weekends and university holidays!
If this is a life-threatening mental health emergency, consider the following options:
- If you have a community therapist that has provided an emergency contact number or service, contact that number or service.
- If you have a community psychiatrist that has provided an emergency contact number or service, contact that number or service.
- Call or go to an urgent-care or crisis center in your area (Opens PDF).
- Call police for assistance:
- ON CAMPUS, call x9191
- OFF CAMPUS, call 911
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, services at the Counseling Center are available. The Counseling Center has daily urgent-care hours from 1pm to 4pm for students feeling overwhelmed by acute personal problems who are unable to wait for a regular appointment. During this time, students are seen on short notice, and the amount of time available for each student depends on level of need and the number of students who come for urgent-care that day.
Note: all urgent care services will be provided via remote services until further notice.
Evening and Weekend Resources
For medical or mental health emergencies occurring in the evening or on the weekend, emergency services are available to students on campus through UMD's Department of Public Safety at 508.999.9191.
Off campus, please call 911 or go to your local emergency department.
On-Campus Crisis Resources
Phone: 508.999.8648 or 508.999.8648
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Saturday & Sunday - Closed
UMass Dartmouth Police Department
Sexual Violence Awareness (How to report an incident and seek help and support)
Off-Campus Crisis Resources
After hours, mental health services are available at:
Mental Health Emergencies
- Intervention Services New Bedford, MA
- Corrigan Mental Health Fall River, MA
24-Hour Volunteer-Run Hotlines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Text: "Connect" to 741741
Persons of Color: "Steve" to 741741
- Samaritans, New Bedford/Fall River, MA
- Trans Lifeline/Translifeline.org
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ+)
or Text "Start" to 678-678
Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence
- Women's Center New Bedford, MA
- Women's Center Fall River, MA
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network)
24-hour Chat: online.rainn.org
Stay Strong Boston
This website will help individuals assess if they are struggling with a mental health concern, educate friends and family members on what to do if a loved one is at risk, and provide individuals with the resources to talk to a mental health professional about their own or a loved one’s situation.