Be prepared for Orientation
Welcome to the Corsair Family!
Now that your student is a Corsair, you, too, are part of the UMass Dartmouth family.
The Office of New Student and Family Programs welcomes you to our community. We are so excited that your student has chosen UMassD, and we are looking forward to meeting you all.
The UMass Dartmouth Family Orientation is a one-day program for parents, guardians, or significant others of our first-year students. You will meet with our professional staff and learn firsthand about university policies, procedures, and programs to help residential and commuter students succeed.
- Registration will be available soon.
- If your student is attending the overnight session, your Family Orientation takes place on Day 1 of their session.
- Check-in begins at 8am and the program continues until about 5:30pm.
- The per-person cost is $30 to attend this Orientation.
- While younger children may accompany family members during the orientation program, there will be no separate programs or special accommodations for them. If attending, younger siblings attend sessions with family members.