Be prepared for Orientation
Welcome to the Corsair Family!
Now that your student is a Corsair, you, too, are part of the UMass Dartmouth family.
The Office of New Student and Family Programs welcomes you to our community. We are so excited that your student has chosen UMassD, and we are looking forward to meeting you all.
The UMass Dartmouth Family Orientation is a one-day program for parents, guardians, or significant others of our first-year students. You will meet with our professional staff and learn firsthand about university policies, procedures, and programs to help residential and commuter students succeed.
- Registration begins at 8am on Day 1 and the program continues until about 5pm.
- The cost of the Family Orientation Program is $25 per person. This fee applies to each guest attending the UMass Dartmouth Family Orientation. The $25 fee covers the cost of all program features including printed materials, breakfast, and lunch.
- While younger children may accompany family members during the orientation program, there will be no separate programs or special accommodations for them. If attending, younger siblings attend sessions with family members.
- All Family Orientation sessions will run concurrently with the New Student Orientation Program.
- Family members and new students will only see each other at the start of Day One and again at pick up around 1:15pm on Day Two.
- If you need overnight accomodations, TownePlace Suites by Marriott Westport is offering our families a special rate for the month of June 2022 of $139 per night. You can visit their website or call them at 774-520-1700. Don't forget to mention UMassD New Student and Family Programs to get this special rate.
- If you are unable to register online for Family Orientation, don't worry you can walk in and register on the day just bring cash or check for payment, we cannot accept credit card payments on that day.