Be prepared for Orientation
Make sure you are up-to-date with requirements and assignments on the accepted student checklist.
Your final step in the orientation experience!
Weeks of Welcome
Weeks of Welcome takes place on campus starting the day after move-in.
Transfer students may contact us to opt in to this program but are not required to attend. Veterans may contact us to opt in to this program but are not required to attend.
During this program you will:
- have floor meetings led by Resident Assistants (RAs) to review community standards, activities, and roommate agreements, if a residential student
- attend Commuter-only meetings to review community standards, activities and supports specific to commuters, if a commuting student
- participate in our tradition of Corsair Olympics where you will go head-to-head with your classmates to win the trophy
- engage in important conversations that occur across all college campuses with real life actors through Dramatic Dialogues
- learn about the expectations of you in our community with Housing, UMPD & Student Affairs
- enjoy some fun games on our Campus Quad
- get some helpful tips from your Dean/ Director from your college on how to succeed academically
- participate in community service through our Civic Engagement program
- enjoy a snack and engage in conversations with advisors, professors, and staff from your college
- find where your fall courses are located with the help of the Orientation Leaders, faculty, & staff