- Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2012
- M.S. in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2003
- B.S. in Computer Science, Eastern Connecticut State University, 1999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 508.999.8596
- Fax: 508.999.8489
- Office: SENG Building (Group II), Room 214B
Lance Fiondella is an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. He received his PhD (2012) in Computer Science & Engineering from the University of Connecticut.
He conducts research in the areas of system and software reliability engineering and has published over 70 peer-reviewed journal articles and conference papers on these topics. As a graduate student, he was the recipient of a National Science Foundation (NSF) East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes (EAPSI) for U.S. Graduate Students, which enabled him to conduct collaborative research in the Department of Industrial Management at the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST).
He serves as vice-chair of IEEE Standard 1633, IEEE Recommended Practice on Software Reliability and is an elected member of the Administrative Committee of the IEEE Reliability Society (2015-2017). His research is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Army Research Laboratory (ARL), and Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR).
Areas of interest
- Reliability Engineering
- Transportation Engineering