- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2002
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2000
- B.E. in Computer Science, Zhengzhou University, China, 1996
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 508.999.8883
- Fax: 508.999.8489
- Office: Group II Building, Room 214A
Dr. Liudong Xing received her B.E. degree in Computer Science from Zhengzhou University, China, in 1996, and was a Research Assistant in the Chinese Academy of Sciences from 1996 to 1998. She was awarded the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Virginia (UVa) in 2000 and 2002, respectively. In 2002, Dr. Xing joined the faculty of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, where she is currently an associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Dr. Xing served as a Program co-Chair for the IEEE DASC 2006 & UC-Sec 2009, a program vice chair for ICESS 2007 & ICPADS 2008 & DASC 2009, and an associate Guest Editor for the Journal of Computer Science on a special issue of “Reliability and Autonomic Management” in 2006. She is the Editor for the Short Communications in the International Journal of Performability Engineering. She also serves on the program committees of many international workshops and conferences. Dr. Xing is the recipient of the IEEE Region 1 Technological Innovation (Academic) Award in 2007. Her current research focuses on reliability analysis of complex systems. Her research has been partly supported by National Science Foundation (NSF). She is a senior member of IEEE and a member of Eta Kappa Nu.
Areas of interest
- Decision Diagrams
- Dependable Computing & Networking
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Fault-Tolerant Computing
- Reliability Engineering
- Risk Assessment
- Sensor Networks
Full list can be found at http://www.ece.umassd.edu/faculty/lxing/Homepage/XING-Publications.html
- S. V. Amari, L. Xing, A. Shrestha, J. Akers, and K. S. Trivedi, “Performability Analysis of Multi-State Computing Systems Using Multi-Valued Decision Diagrams,” IEEE Trans. Computers (accepted).
- R. Robidoux, H. Xu, L. Xing, and M. Zhou, “Automated Verification of Dynamic Reliability Block Diagrams Using Colored Petri Nets,” IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans (accepted).
- A. Shrestha, L. Xing, and Y. Dai, “Decision Diagram-Based Methods, and Complexity Analysis for Multistate Systems,” IEEE Trans. Reliability (accepted).
- L. Xing and Y. Dai, “A New Decision Diagram Based Method for Efficient Analysis on Multi-State Systems,” IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Computing, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 161-174, July-Sept., 2009.
- L. Xing, A. Shrestha, L. Meshkat, and W. Wang, “Incorporating Common-Cause Failures into the Modular Hierarchical Systems Analysis,” IEEE Trans. Reliability, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 10-19, March 2009 (#3 Top Accessed Article in the journal in May 2009).
- A. Shrestha and L. Xing, “A Logarithmic Binary Decision Diagrams-Based Method for Multistate Systems Analysis,” IEEE Trans. Reliability, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 595-606, December 2008.
- L. Xing, “An Efficient Binary Decision Diagrams Based Approach for Network Reliability and Sensitivity Analysis,” IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 105-115, January 2008.
- L. Xing, “Reliability Evaluation of Phased-Mission Systems with Imperfect Fault Coverage and Common-Cause Failures,” IEEE Trans. Reliability, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 58-68, March 2007. (#1 Top Accessed Article in the journal in November 2007)
- L. Xing and J. B. Dugan, "A Separable TDD-Based Analysis of Generalized Phased-Mission Reliability", IEEE Trans. Reliability, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 174-184, June 2004.
- L. Xing and J. B. Dugan, "Comments on PMS BDD Generation", IEEE Trans. Reliability, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 169-173, June 2004.
- L. Xing and J. B. Dugan, "Analysis of Generalized Phased Mission System Reliability, Performance and Sensitivity" Vol. 51, No. 2, IEEE Trans. Reliability, pp. 199-211, June 2002.