The Art Career Project, a nationally recognized resource for art students and art professionals has recently announced its 2018 list of the top U.S. colleges and universities with Textile Design programs.
The Art Career Project, a nationally recognized resource for art students and art professionals has recently announced its 2018 list of the top U.S. colleges and universities with Textile Design programs. The rankings names the highest-scoring accredited colleges and universities for Textile Design. UMass Dartmouth’s Textile Design/Fiber Arts program ranked 17 on the list.
The ranking methodology includes an analysis of 71 post-secondary institutions in the United States offering programs in Textile Design and combines information from student data, published surveys, and other data collected from government agencies including the National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. To qualify for TheArtCareer Project’s rankings, a school program must be certified in good standing with their regional accrediting body. Schools are scored based on multiple metrics including tuition cost, graduation rate, transfer out rate, and other factors. All eligible schools are scored and compared to create the “The Best Textile Design Schools in the U.S. 2018” list.
The top 17:
1. University Of Washington - School Of Art, Art History, & Design
2. University Of Oregon - Department Of Art
3. Cornell University
4. Savannah College Of Art & Design
5. Virginia Commonwealth University School Of The Arts
6. Massachusetts College Of Art & Design
7. Rhode Island School Of Design
8. Kansas City Art Institute
9. California College Of The Arts
10. Michigan State University - School Of Art, Art History & Design
11. Maryland Institute College Of Art
12. College Of The Ozarks
13. Temple University - Tyler School Of Art
14. Syracuse University - College Of Visual & Performing Arts
15. Philadelphia University - Kanbar College
16. SUNY Buffalo State
17. University Of Massachusetts – Dartmouth