The Commonwealth’s only public law school is holding a fall Open House on Tuesday, October 29 at 6:30 p.m. at 333 Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA 02747.
The Open House will allow prospective law students to learn about UMass Law's full-time, part-time, and evening programs, as well as the joint Juris Doctor and Master's in Business Administration degree program, joint Juris Doctor and Master's in Social Work degree program, and the joint Juris Doctor and Master's in Public Policy program. There will be opportunities to tour facilities, sit in on law classes, meet students and faculty, and learn more about applications and financial aid.
Established in 2010, the UMass School of Law is one of seven colleges and schools of UMass Dartmouth. Its students, through the law school curriculum and outreach clinics, have provided more than 100,000 hours of pro bono legal assistance and related community service across the Commonwealth.
Since earning full accreditation by the American Bar Association in 2016, UMass Law has seen dramatic growth in all key metrics:
- First-year enrollment - plus 71.2 percent, from 66 to 113
- Overall enrollment - plus 50 percent, from 186 to 279
- Number of applications - plus 46.7 percent, from 786 to 1,153.
- LSAT/Undergraduate GPA – Across the board increases, making the incoming 2019 class the most qualified in the history of the school.
- Bar exam success – 92 percent of UMass Law first-time takers of the Massachusetts bar exam passed the test in July 2018, the third-best rate among the nine Massachusetts law schools.
UMass Law continues to have one of the most diverse student bodies among New England law schools, with over 30 percent being students of color, including approximately one-third of new first-year students.