Conversations about local food systems to feature Senator Montigny and Marion Institute research
On Wednesday, October 13 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., the Leduc Center for Civic Engagement at UMass Dartmouth, the Office of Senator Mark Montigny, and the Marion Institute will host "Food Summit 2021" via Zoom.
The event will begin with words from Senator Mark Montigny and Liz Wiley, Executive Director of the Marion Institute, about the importance of food security in the region.
After opening remarks, the Marion Institute’s Southcoast Food Policy Council will present key findings from the newly completed 2021 Food System Assessment Report for Southeastern Massachusetts.
The event will close with a panel discussion about the role food assessments play in helping support food policy work and improving local food systems.
- Kristin Sukys, Policy Analyst in the Health Law and Policy Clinic, Harvard University
- Wendy Garf-Lipp, Executive Director, United Neighbors of Fall River
- Winton Pitcoff, Director, MA Food System Collaborative
- Mike Goodman, Acting Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, UMass Dartmouth
- Ivan Brito, Chief Operating Officer, M.O.L.I.F.E., Inc.
The panel will be moderated by:
- Jacob Miller, 2L UMassD Law
- Narcisse Kunda, Senior, UMassD Charlton College of Business