Active Directory offers:
- Improved security for campus information technology
- Integrated, secure access to centralized file storage and backup, with access from both on and off campus
- Easier sign-on to campus IT services
- Automatic software updates and implementation of standards
- Significant move towards a single sign-on, as more services use the UMassD Logon
View a PowerPoint presentation about Active Directory
What will be different?
- There will be changes to our computing environment as we move forward with this initiative:
- Your UMassD Logon (email username and password) will provide access to more campus resources
- You'll have fewer passwords to remember
- You'll have access to centralized network data storage, accessible from on and off campus
- Your data in network storage will be secured and backed up regularly
- Your computer will receive software updates and patches automatically
What's the plan?
Prior to converting accounts to Active Directory, CITS will set up meetings with departments to discuss the migration process. After that, CITS will arrange for a time to visit your department to reconfigure workstations and ensure proper settings are in place for migration to Active Directory.