On election day – Tuesday, Nov. 6 -- UMass Dartmouth students registered to vote using their on-campus address may vote at the Dartmouth Bible Church, 52 Morton Avenue where precincts Three and Four are located.
Election day polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Students registered with their on-campus address at Oak Glen, Roberts, Chestnut, Elmwood, Evergreen, Hickory, Maple Ridge, Pine Dale, and Willow halls will vote in PRECINCT THREE.
Students registered with their on-campus address at Cedar Dell, ASPEN and Ivy halls will vote in PRECINCT FOUR.
- For students registered at their home address or another off-campus address, use this form to learn where to cast your ballot on ELECTION DAY.
- Check out UMassD.TurboVote.org, which provides students with election information.
- Visit The MassPIRG new voter project – Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional information regarding Massachusetts candidates and ballot questions.
Shuttles will run on the half hour from the Campus Center to the Dartmouth Bible Church, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on election day. Lyft and Uber are also offering some discount rides. Check their web sites for details.
Is an ID required to vote in Massachusetts?
However, there are LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN VOTERS MAY BE ASKED FOR AN ID to resolve any isues with their registration status. For instance, if you are voting for the first time in a federal election in Massachusetts after registering to vote by mail, you may be required to show identification.
Students are, therefore, encouraged to bring their student ID and a letter signed by the university indicating their residence hall address. This letter may be picked up at the housing office in oak glen hall between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
If there is a registration problem and students DO NOT have an ID, they may still cast a provisional ballot. More Provisional Ballot Info.
UPCOMING ELECTION-RELATED EVENTS ON CAMPUS
- Ballot question dialogue – Monday, Nov. 5
- 50 years of feminism – Election Day, Nov. 6
- Post-election analysis with The Public’s Radio – Thursday, Nov. 8