UMass Pass is the official UMass Dartmouth identification card—the one card you'll need to carry on campus.
UMass Pass: your one card at UMass Dartmouth.
It's your access for everything—from entering your residence hall to checking out books at the Library, from using the Athletic Center to eating on campus.
It's also the “way to pay” at popular off-campus locations.
UMass Pass features
- Up-to-date: Current balances available at every terminal or on your receipt after you make a UMass Pass purchase.
- Automatic: Balances roll over each semester/year.
- Debt-free: This is not a credit card: no debt involved. When you buy...you own, not owe.
- Convenient: Your parents can add money to your account knowing you can spend only at places approved by the university, on and off campus.
- Safe: If your UMass Pass is lost or stolen: no problem—if you report it immediately.
Monetary accounts on your UMass Pass
These monetary accounts can be accessed through your UMass Pass:
- UMDollars: can be used all over campus and off campus
- Food Account: can only be used at on-campus dining locations
- Block plans: Block plans are designed to be affordable and convenient. The blocks are loaded onto your UMass Pass, along with your Dining Dollars. Block Plans work very similar to traditional meal plans, except you are able to use as many blocks per day as you'd like.
- 10 PLUS Meal Plan: 10 meals/week
- 130 Dining Dollars/semester
- 225 Flex Dollars/semester for dining on campus—and off campus
- 3 Guest Passes/semester
For more information, visit Dine on Campus.
UMDollars is a prepaid, stored-value account that is accessible via your UMass Pass. It is the convenient, cashless way to pay on and off campus. You'll use UMDollars for:
- textbooks and school supplies
- restaurants, delivery, and more
The UMDollars account is a declining balance account attached to your UMass Pass. Once you are funded, simply swipe your ID card at any participating location, on or off campus.
If your UMass Pass is lost or stolen, follow the lost/stolen UMass Pass procedures.
UMDollars on campus
UMDollars are accepted as a form of payment at the following on-campus locations:
- Parking Office, Campus Center: to purchase a decal for your vehicle
- Health Services, in back of Roberts Hall/across from Pinedale
- Campus Store, ground floor of the Campus Center: for textbooks and other merchandise
- Library Learning Commons and other labs: for printing
- Claire T. Carney Library: to pay library fines
- Design Lab, first floor of CVPA
- Textile Design Lab, Star Store arts campus in downtown New Bedford
Refund requests: UMDollars or Food Account
UMass Dartmouth students that have funds remaining in either a UMD Dollars and/ or Food Account* may request a refund. The request needs to come via email to email@example.com. A mailing address must be provided in your email in order for a check to be sent.
Refunds will only take place once the accounts are deemed eligible for refund and your Bursar account has a zero balance. At that point we will look to see if you have been officially marked as withdrawn, graduated or transferred from the Registrar’s Office.
Please allow 7 business days for the refund to be processed.
*Money less then $10.00 will not be refunded. Declining Balance, Meal Plan Balance, and Block Plans will not be refunded.
- Marketplace—resident dining hall, across from the Campus Center
- Campus Center
- Ground floor: Corsair Café
- First floor: Campus Center Food Court
- LARTS Cart, second floor
- SENG Cart, second floor
- CVPA Cart, first floor
- Fitness Center Juice Bar, across from parking lot 10
- Maple Ridge Grill in Maple Ridge Hall
- Birch Grill
- Library Café
- The Scally Wagon
- Law School Café
Follow the procedures below to report your UMass Pass lost or stolen. These procedures will deactivate your old card, prevent unwanted transactions, and allow you to get a new card (or provide access to your residence hall and dining services until you can get a new card).
During regular business hours (M-F, 9am - 4pm)
Report your UMass Pass lost/stolen to the UMass Pass office on the ground floor of the Campus Center. The replacement fee for a new UMass pass is $30.
After hours (M-F after 4pm, weekends, and holidays)
- Report your UMass Pass lost/stolen online at the MyUMassD web portal: https://my.umassd.edu/group/mycampus/umass-pass
- To acquire a new UMass Pass, visit the UMass Pass office the next business day during regular hours, Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm; the replacement fee for a new UMass pass is $30.