UMass Dartmouth: a premier research university
- Searching for solutions to today's challenges
- Discovering new paths toward economic and social prosperity
Committed to involving graduate and undergraduate students in the research endeavor across the schools and colleges
- Inspiring the next generation of innovators
- Integrating research into the curriculum
Research at UMass Dartmouth: a $25.6 million enterprise
- Regional focus: motivated by regional needs and aspirations
- Global impact: sharing our discoveries with the world
Focus on faculty research
Dr. Aminda O'Hare of the Psychology Department uses tasks of cognitive control to assess her subjects' abilities to stay focused on a task both when emotion is present and when it's not.
A research project to improve underwater microphone arrays also highlights opportunities for student research in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.
Spotlight on graduate research
Research opportunities lead to internships, travel, and a promising career.
Recognition for research in the microbial ecology of the ocean