India's contributions to the world have had an impact on the fields of spiritualism, philosophy, language, science, mathematics, astronomy, and statecraft.
With the Indic studies minor you'll take an interdisciplinary approach to learning about Indian culture. You'll explore the language, civilization, science, art, culture, traditions, and philosophy of the Indian sub-continent, as well as contemporary subjects such as Ghandi and Indian democracy.
The Indic Studies minor is open to all students.
As an Indic Studies minor, you'll be connected to our Center for Indic Studies.
The mission of the Center for Indic Studies is to:
- disseminate understanding of issues relating to Indian arts, philosophy, culture, societal values, and customs
- promote international harmony through the mix of ancient and modern values
- promote awareness among Americans of contemporary India and its demographic diversity
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills